HISTORY
Tangguh Samudera Jaya (TSJ) was established in 1986 in conjunction with the issuance of the regulation by ministry of transportation, which governed separation of stevedoring activity from shipping company. At that time the company focused on serving vessels from Samudera Indonesia's vessel as its holding company.
Since 2005, we have been appointed and performed stevedoring activities, cargodooring and receiving delivery in the wharf 303-305 of Tanjung Priok Port with a quay length of 450 meters equipped with 3 units of warehouses with a total area of 15,000 sqm and 40,000 sqm yard.
In 2010, the pattern of cargo handling by stevedoring company have changed to become Stevedoring Companies Selection. This pattern goes hand in hand with the conversion of Terminal 3 Tanjung Priok port from breakbulk terminal to become an international container terminal. Since that time TSJ focused to handle international container vessels as well as still maintain to handle breakbulk vessels. While for handling of breakbulk vessels, TSJ operates in Terminal 1 and 2. The customer of international containers vessels are Yang Ming, ANL, CTP, Samudera Shipping Line. While customers of breakbulk vessels; NYK Bulk & Project, Rickmers Linie, Inalum, Alken Line and some other cargo vessels.
Justified by market and industrial requirement, we have been equipped with 2 units Container Crane (CC), 2 units of Mobile Harbour Cranes (HMC), 10 units Rubber Tyred Gantry Crane (RTGC), and 4 units Reach Stacker (RS) to serve international container customers.
To ensure the quality of service as well as occupational health and safety, TSJ has been certified ISO 9001 and OHSAS 18001 since 2010, and the operation areas has been complied with ISPS Code. In carrying out its activities, the cargo and the facilities of customers as well as employees and TSJ working equipments covered by terminal operation liabilities insurance.
In 2017, TSJ collaboration with OJA to expands 1000 meters of wharf and 650,000 TEUs container yard.